Tuesday 8 November 2016

VISIT TO #LLANDELIO IN #WALES AND MORE...



We (me and my husband) have been spending a lot of time recently in Llandelio. A lovely spot in Wales with a nice High Street with some really good shopping and eating. Lovely walks around the town for someone like me who loves being outdoors. That brings me back to my childhood which, according to my late mum, I spent mostly outside, getting dirty! I was the tomboy (contrary to my two sisters who stayed clean in their dresses, and made girly noises when anybody came near) having to be changed at least twice a day, and always with plasters on my knees! My mother said that putting me in playschool was like putting a tiger into a cage. But, she, thought, she needs to learn. And actually, I loved playschool. Started a bit of my creative work there by making a telephone in wood that I painted red! We were then living in a two bedroom flat in the Stockholm Suburbia of Blackeberg (if you have seen the vampire film "Let the right one in", you know exactly where I grew up. It was my whole world until I was seven and we moved to the other side of Stockholm (Farsta) where my father had done a "self build". More to come tomorrow. Back in Wales the shops had already started their Christmas.

"Gerwyns", a traditional vegetable and fruit "market" that makes me think of Greece. Not so good for fresh veg but perfect for big bags of locally sourced root vegetables and potatoes. Nice to visit...

"Cariad" is the Welsh word for dear or dearest. These local Christmas decorations can be found at "The Little Welsh Dresser" in LLandelio.

More traditional Christmas decorations with a French hint are to be found at the Papillion Interiors. More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment