Saturday 7 April 2012

EASTER CUP CAKES AND MORE

 Easter in the Stockholm Archipelago. Sun and snow, and windy! But beautiful!
My sister who is very talented in painting made us this lovely card! 
 Like last year I made some Easter Cup Cakes! This is how you make them!
You need:
2 eggs
125 g soft butter
125 g flour (200 ml)
125 g sugar (150 ml)
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1,5 tsp baking powder
2 tbs milk
some lemon rind if you want
Whip the butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the rest of the ingredients.
Spoon into cases and bake for 15-20 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius. Makes about 12 cup cakes.


Let them cool while you make the icing!
500 ml of icing sugar
2 egg whites
Mix the two together and colour. Spoon over the cooled cup cakes and decorate.
Put aside to set.
 



 In Sweden we celebrate Easter by decorating birch branches with coloured feathers (and other decorations, eggs etc not showing here). You can get any colour of feathers you would ever ask for! 
This hen in porcelain comes from my parents house. We always use to have it full of boiled eggs on Easter Eve. I use to think it was so big, but now it looks quite small to me! Since my parents past away it has a new home on Gåsö in the Stockholm Archipelago were I and my younger sisters family's have our summer houses!

HAPPY EASTER

No comments:

Post a Comment