Wednesday 14 November 2018

#INFLUENCER WHO IS THAT? AND MINITRENDREPORT FROM #CHELSEAHARBOURDESIGNCENTRE

Am I an influencer? What is an influencer? Who is an influencer. Bloggers, instagrammers, twitters, and now Influencer. Who makes these words up? Most of those that call themselves or are called Influencers by others today are influenced by who pays them to influence their readers and followers. And it seems to work...so sad. I am a journalist and was for a long time paid by a magazine company to report, write and style new trends etc about fashion, interiors and food. Whatever I was influenced by was filtered through my integrity as a journalist to try to be fair and true towards my readers. I guess I was more of an influencer than the so called influencers of today. I was not paid by anyone to have any specific view. Today my profession is slowly dying in favour of writers, bloggers, instagrammers etc without integrity. So sad. Fortunately some of us are still around trying to share our thoughts freely about what we see and hear. At the moment I am sitting on a train into London to visit Chelsea Harbour Design Centre preview of SS19 and the new exhibition in cooperation with Ikea Musuem at the Design Museum. I will return about this soon. With some thougts and view of my own, without being influenced...




No comments:

Post a Comment