Tuesday 11 May 2010

SALADE NICOISE

More summer salads as I promised. This is one of my classics - and favourites. Salade Nicoise (Salad from Nice). Takes me back to when I went and stayed in a French family in Juan les Pins when I was sixteen.
As a base, green leaves, I used little Gems since I had it at home, and some chicory (Endives) for the same reason. Chopped cucumber and tomatoes and now to the main, and very important ingredients. Tinned tuna (could be fresh and seared or grilled as well), ansjovis, boiled new potatoes (I used wonderful New Jersey Royals, but any new potato will do, preferably with the skin left on). Green beans, still a bit warm is a must in this salad. ; Top with some vinaigrette and sprinkle some capers over the salad. I you like onions, add some chopped spring onions or red onions finely sliced! Enjoy for lunch or as a light spring evening meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment