Friday 7 May 2010

SPRING SALAD

I made this fresh salad yesterday evening since me and my husband just wanted something light for supper after joining being out on different assignments earlier.
I used what I could find in the fridge. We had stocked up on new season asparagus (organic and local) and I had some spinach, avocado and cured ham tucked away. Parmeggiano Reggiano (Parmesan cheese) is a must in our house, always in stock!

You need, per person

1 small bunch of fresh asparagus, preferably cooked in the microwave for 4 minuter
2 handfuls of baby spinach, steamed
1/2 avocado, sliced
3 slices of cured ham
3 slices of Chorizo (thicker version)
Parmesan cheese

for the dressing

1 part lemon juice
2 parts olive oil
salt
pepper
a drizzle of honey
1-2 chopped garlic cloves

Put the asparagus on the cooked spinach. Arrange the avocado, ham and Chorizo as shown on the picture (or to your liking, be creative).
Drizzle with the dressing. Grate some Parmesan cheese on top, decorate with some basil or thyme and serve immediately! A nice crisp white wine like Muscadet or Pinot Grigio will go nicely with this dish. I also like the mix on Chardonnay and Viognier, I recently bought one from Sicily that was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment