Sunday 17 May 2020

#LOCKDOWNDAY54

Lockdown day 54! Gone so quickly and yet so slowly. Can hardly remember how "before" was,  and of course there will be an after...
Today is the 17 May, Norways national day. No walking with Norwegian flags on Karl Johan today. Sad...
On our daily walk we often pass through the cementery of Abergavenny. This cross struck me today with it´s simple and basic cross overgrown by ivy. Here I want to bury my grieves induced by my close family in my native country. In these difficult times they (the grieves) are closer to me than ever. What my family members have done seems so petty and unbelievably mean and selfish. To misuse trust and close family bonds for your own winning are to me something I would never consider doing, even in my wildest dreams, and it is beyond my comprehension. Well, I guess they do not sleep well at night. I do. But I must say that there has been so much positiveness coming out of this lockdown. Friends have made contact and we have had some lovely House Parties online, FaceTime drinks and chats and of course a lot of nice pictures and hellos on Facebook and Instagram. As we say in Sweden, "nothing bad that does not bring something good with it". So right. 


But the Guardian Angel is watching over us. An other fantastic view of "our mountain" Blorenge and this is also a scene from the Abergavenny Cemetery. Such a beautiful spot.  I have been meaning to write more often but I have had a bit of "writing cramp" (translation from Swedish) lately and have also been very busy in our new little garden. More about that soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment