Monday 25 August 2014

INSPIRATION FROM THE 1950-IES IN #YELLOW AND #BLACK

Add caption

I was surprised to see so much inspiration taken from the 1950-ies in yellow and black. As it so happens it is my favourite colour combination and has followed me since I first left home in 1976! Two weeks ago I visited the design week in Stockholm with open showrooms and the Formex fair, and this is some of what I saw! This was part of the stand by www.littlelephant.com.
More in yellow and black. Littlelephant.com (Formex) showed these lovely cups and cutting boards. Love it!

Ceannis who mainly produces handbags also has cushions and bedlinen in their range. This was their yellow and black entry! www.ceannis.com

A selection of yellow and black with inspiration from New York by Synnöve Mork at Formex.

Afro Art imports fairtrade from Africa etc. Look at their power in colour.







50-ies today. With a base of yellow and black add some orange, pink and lime! Flower power and geometric patterns. I like! From the trend exhibition on the entrance plaza at Formex signed Jan Rundgren.



Passed this café all decorated in yellow at Folkungagatan in the south part of Stockholm. Vibrant!

Lemon squeezers in a new version by Eva Solo! More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment