Monday 22 February 2016

#MEMPHISGROUP #ETTORESOTTSASS FROM #INTERIORS TO #FASHION AT #LONDONFASHIONWEEK #LFWAW16

There is a lot of "Memphis" around! The design/architecture group was founded in Milan in 1981 by famous designer and architect Ettore Sottsass. I was there when they launched their first collection. Wow, it was something completely new and different. And the views were split. I simply loved it at first sight. And how surprised (a bit) was I to find pieces from this collection in the press room at London Fashion Week, BFC space at Brewer Street Car Park! It is back! And I still love it.

So when I saw this jumper at HM of course I had to get it! Nathalie de Pasquier was the name of the lady who designed most of the patterns and fabrics (even ties, the fashion at the time was very gender blended and I was at the time wearing a Jean-Paul Gaultier grey suit with a mauve coloured shirt and mauve make up, even my nails was in that lilac shade!).

More from the press lounge at Brewer Street Car Park @londonfashionweek. Here in a more pastel version with the "matching" lady in pink and powder blue.

Even the ankle boots are inspired by the group. More tomorrow! Now off to Mulberry Showroom and the watching Burberry at their flagship store on Regent Street.
https://www.facebook.com/ankanberggren

No comments:

Post a Comment